The first thing we did was advise the Committee that the entire structure was out of bounds and was unsafe. But the congregation was back after only 2 weeks!
First we erected this tower, which was lifted by a pair of Genie hoists whilst each level was added beneath. This was done next to the shelter afforded by the organ loft, whilst a careful watch was kept on the structure. We built it up until it was close to but not touching the ceiling. Any sign of movement and evacuation could be safely achieved in minutes. The shelter allowed the fixing of brackets to the wall and raking props to the truss joint inside the line of the fractures.